- Students can go for a semester or for an academic year
- Students pay FIU tuition, can use financial aid, airfare & transportation costs, health insurance (as required by the host school), and room and board.
- Some institutions have dorms; others assist students with finding rooms/apts.
- All classes are taught in English (although a student who is proficient in French, Flemish or Dutch, may take classes in those languages at the respective institutions)
- Students who have not previously traveled overseas might best enjoy their first experience abroad in either Aix or Maastricht due to the size of the cities and the support systems available.
- Students should contact the FIU Office of Study Abroad as soon as they express an interest as applications for fall or academic year are due March 2; and for Spring, September 16. (more information can be found at https://studyabroad.fiu.edu/explore-programs/international-student-exchange/index.html)
- Students must have at least a Minimum 3.0 GPA, Language Fluency (reading, writing, and speaking) in the language of instruction (please refer to location details on the Program pages), may not go during your final semester at FIU, students must take 12 credits or more towards their major, minor, or general degree program while abroad, and all University Core Curriculum (UCC) must be completed
To see the video tour, click here