The Department offers a number of academic programs at the undergraduate and graduate levels, including certificates, minors, bachelor’s,
Whether you have questions about credits, internships or study abroad, our advising team is always ready to assist you in your academic endeavors.
To learn more about one of our undergraduate programs, check in with the department and chat with an advisor to learn more about the major. If you have any questions regarding our graduate programs, please email our Graduate Secretary at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Alternatively, you can email the advising team directly at email@example.com. Please include your name and Panther ID when sending in inquiries.
Make appointment with your advisor
You can communicate with your advisor through the Panther Success Network.
- Log onto MyFIU.
- Upon successful log-in, you will see your Student homepage. If it does not automatically load, select Student from the dropdown menu in the top center of the page
- Click on the Academic Advising tile
- Click on the Success Network tile
- Click on the Go to Panther Success Network button
- Finally, sign-in again using your FIU credentials
Once there you can message with your advisor, schedule/cancel appointments and more. Visit Panther Success Network for more tutorials.
Virtual Drop-in Summer 2022 Schedule
The Green School's Summer 2022 Virtual Drop-in Advising dates and hours are:
- Monday, May 9 at 9 - 11 AM
- Tuesday, May 10 at 9 - 11 AM
- Wednesday, May 11 at 2 - 4 PM
- Thursday, May 12 at 2 - 4 PM
- Wednesday, May 18 at 2 - 4 PM
- Wednesday, May 25 at 2 - 4 PM
- Thursday, June 2 at 2 - 4 PM
- Wednesday, June 8 at 2 - 4 PM
- Wednesday, June 15 at 2 - 4 PM
- Wednesday, June 22 at 2 - 4 PM
- Wednesday, June 29 at 2 - 4 PM
- Thursday, July 7 at 2 - 4 PM
- Wednesday, July 13 at 2 - 4 PM
Additional July and August dates are TBA.
Zoom Link: https://fiu.zoom.us/my/sipaadvising
Meeting ID: 588 575 5598
To connect, you will need to log in with your FIU credentials: https://fiu.zoom.us/. If you have any problems connecting, please see https://fiu.service-now.com/sp?id=kb_article&sys_id=1d38a1b7dbb0dc50ff70785e0f9619e8
To meet the high demand of students in peak advising season, during our drop-ins we will strictly be limiting sessions to 10 minutes and limiting students once we have met capacity. Virtual Drop-In advising is meant to only address the following:
- Summer and/or Fall 2022 Course Enrollment
- Change of Program Plans (Majors, 2nd Majors, Minors, and/or Pre-Law Certificate)
- Class Permissions
- Questions about specific requirements or policies
- Advising and GPA Holds (except Orientation and PDC Holds)