The Department provides both disciplinary and interdisciplinary graduate training. It encourages a vital and challenging exchange of ideas among students and faculty members, who investigate a stimulating range of topics, from the traditional concerns of foreign policy and national security to contemporary global issues such as democratization, the environment, human rights, refugees, and social movements. Many members of the Department also have longstanding regional interests, as do many other members of the University faculty. The program boasts of strengths in Africa, Central Asia, East Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean, the Middle East, and Europe.
The Department of Politics and International Relations is an affiliate member of the Association of Professional Schools of International Affairs. Our recent graduates are pursuing a variety of exciting careers.
Applying to Graduate School
- How to Apply for Graduate Study in Politics and International Relations
- Admission Process Checklist
- INR Graduate Student Handbook
For assistance with the application process please contact Maria Elena Gil or call 305-348-1077.
Political Science Degrees
International Relations Degrees
- Combined Bachelor of Arts in International Relations/Master of Arts in International Studies (the "4+1" Program)
- Combined Bachelor of Arts and Master of Arts Degree in Political Science (the "4+1" Program)
- Combined Master of Arts in Asian Studies/Doctor of Philosophy in International Relations
- Combined Master of Arts in Latin American and Caribbean Studies/PhD in International Relations
- Combined Master of Arts in Latin American and Caribbean Studies/PhD in Political Science
- Master in African and African Diaspora Studies/PhD in International Relations Combined Degree Program
- Master of International Business/Master of Arts in International Studies Joint Degree Program
- Master in Religious Studies/PhD in International Relations Combined Degree Program
- Joint Certificate in Integrated Marketing Communications: Latin American Certification
- Graduate Certificate in Middle East and Central Asian Studies