Sigma Iota Rho
The purpose of Beta Rho Chapter of Sigma Iota Rho Honor National Society for international studies at FIU is to promote scholarly excellence among students of international studies, international politics, and global affairs and to foster integrity and creative performance in the study, analysis, and conduct of world politics.
The FIU chapter of SIR was founded in 2002 and has continued to provide uninterruptedly committed students of politics and international relations with a forum to voice their ideas and advance their academic interests within the department and the university at large.
Sigma Iota Rho offers students who excel academically an excellent opportunity to meet with peers and professors, and to participate in and plan lectures, workshops and debates. Further, it gives members a chance to publish their peer-reviewed papers in the Journal of International Relations, sponsored and published by SIR´s national headquarters at University of Pennsylvania.
You qualify for membership if you are:
• Pursuing a major or minor in International Relations
• Completed at least 60 credits
• Completed at least 5 upper level courses in International Relations or a combination of same with Political Science (INR or POS)
• Earned a minimum overall GPA of 3.2 or above
• Earned a minimum GPA of 3.3 or above in International Relations courses or in a combination of same with Political Science (POS and INR)
• Have an unofficial transcript report reviewed and approved only by the serving Sigma Iota Rho Faculty Advisor in the Politics and International Relations Department
• Submit membership fee of $55.00 - If paying by check please make it payable to “Sigma Iota Rho – Beta Rho”
For an application and membership requirements, please stop by the Department of Politics and International Relations at SIPA 414 or click here to download the application from this site.
Dr. Marcie Washington is SIR's Faculty Advisor for the academic year 2018-2019. Please contact her at email@example.com for further information.
Visit the National Website.